Friday, May 3, 2013

Week 13



Some features that I use on Word all the time are the multilevel list option next to the bullet point option. I love this because it makes it easy to create outlines for papers, or study guides. I also like to use the dictionary, and the synonym finder. This helps me quickly see if I am using proper terminology, and it helps me edit my final papers to make them use bigger words so that I can sound more sophisticated.   

One feature that I use on Excel is an program that I do not use very often. However, I do use it to make rubrics under the online program, Rubistar. I like making scatter plots on Excel, and I often use it to create pie charts if I have a presentation. I have not been in a math class sense last semester. It was a statistics class and we did have to use Excel a lot, but it was difficult to keep up with the fast paced class. This could be used for a Math project.

One feature that I love to use on PowerPoint is the hyperlink option. With this option it allows students to link a picture or clip art to a website. It makes a PowerPoint flow really well and looks great. I also use the insert picture from file option all the time. This can be a personal portrait or a photo uploaded online. I also love to use the custom animation option it allows the PowerPoint to reveal different bullet points at different times during a presentation.

These three programs can be used for:

·         PowerPoint- Presentations
·         Excel- Math projects
·         Word- Final papers

1 comment:

  1. I think that your use of power point, excel, and word are very common. In fact, that's exactly what i use these three for. However, I was thinking about how cool it would be to learn all the aspects of excel and be able to use it for almost anything, or the same goes for power point. These programs have a lot of data to them, and if we learned everything about them, there's no telling what we wouldn't be able to do. =] I might encourage my students to experiment with these programs a bit.

    ReplyDelete