Friday, May 3, 2013

Week 14






I found this article about the future of the classroom. It started off by telling me a little bit about what the future holds. It said that the future is starting to become a reality. Every student will have their own iPad, possibly robots teaching students and teachers lecturing online over webcam to hundreds of thousands of pupils at any given moment. Education is already making steps toward this type of learning. The editor of the article, Scott Olster, goes on to say, “But despite all the hoopla over gadgets and new software, the future of education really hinges on the shifting roles of teacher and student.” Scott Benson, a program officer at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation explains, “The main shift is away from what I'll call a teacher-in-classroom-centric model,” Instead, students will learn at their own pace, using software that adapts to their strengths and weaknesses.” I like the fact that technology is becoming so complex that it will adapt to the learner rather than having the learner adapt to the technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment