Thursday, May 2, 2013

Reflection 9



One thing that has really bugged me is the fact that as a PE teacher I am required to integrate technology into my classroom. I realize that technology is a great tool for student learning, but it does not flow well with a PE class unless it is a pacer, heart rate monitor, or some type of workout equipment. I know some PE teachers have their own TV’s to show videos for kids, but honestly there should be an equal amount of technological resources available for every teacher.
I feel like technology classes should target specific subject areas and focus on how technology can be integrated into various subject areas. I also think it needs to include all sides of the spectrum, including PE. Integrating PE and technology is very difficult.
I purpose that PE classes integrate more technology, but in order to do that PE teachers need to find practical ways to integrate it into the class. I know that they are interactive video game systems that help student fitness. I think schools need to invest in products like this to benefit student health.

No comments:

Post a Comment