Tuesday, May 7, 2013

End of Semester Reflection



What have you learned regarding technology in education this semester?

I have learned So much this semester about technology. I learned that technology is so prevalent in education today, and that it is advancing beyond belief. I learned that kids are advancing and teachers need to keep up with the changing tide. It is so important to utilize resources as a teacher. Using technology as a tool is important. There is nothing worse than a teacher trying to use technology that they do not understand, or use in the wrong way. Technology should aid in student learning not distract students. It is useful when trying to engage students into a lesson as well as using it during a lesson for demonstrations and various other things.

What progress have you made on the NETS for Teachers that you focused on this semester?

I have made a lot of progress on my NETS I focused on for this semester. My main focus was to facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity. I focused on this a lot during my class project.  I really enjoy the fact that teachers can use their knowledge of subject matter, teaching and learning, and technology to facilitate experiences that advance student learning, creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual environments. I am a very creative person so naturally this NET just came very naturally to me. To pass on creativity to the next generation would be such an amazing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment