I presented a health lesson to my
teacher the other day and she really enjoyed the fact that I integrated
technology into my lesson. I used the scenario that I had set-up a class blog,
and students were supposed to write a paragraph on it trying to sway a
long-term smoker to stop smoking by giving the smoker a list of the substances
in tobacco smoke as a reason to quit.
I was told by my professors in the Ed
program that facebook is not a good tool to use for classes; I was wondering
why that is? Blogger is very similar to facebook. There can be just as many
stalkers/creepers on blogger as there are on facebook (maybe more). At least on
facebook you know you will grab student attention. And who knows, maybe
students will actually learn something better on a site that they are more
familiar with. I was told I was not even allowed to add students on facebook, because
it is an invasion of a student’s personal life, and it might get misconstrued.
I think that the facebook company (Mark Zukerburgh) should create a classroom messaging system
that does all the same things that blogger does, but does it in a way that
students can relate on a more comfortable note without having to learn all
about blogger.
No comments:
Post a Comment