Week Five
If you click on my link it will take you to the site that I found my information about the Promethean ActivBoard. On this site it told me the benefits of the Promethean Activboard. It told me that the board helps draw in students who can be easily distracted by other things in the class and gears their focus towards the board. The Promethean Activboard allows you to use two pens at one time, whereas the Smartboard does not. It is compatible with Promethean software, and is compatible with your computer because it has two accessible USB Ports.
My questions:
- Does the Promethean Activboard have something similar to Smart Exchange that allows Promethean Activboard users to find free and accessible lessons?
- Does the Promethean Activboard require a projector or is it a touchscreen like an ipad?
- Is the toolbar and the program set up similarly to the Smartboard?
I came across some really cool features on the Activboard. You should go on youtube and type in Activboard or Promethean. It was really exciting to see what they came out with. I found out they will be creating lessons based off of Common Core Standards to accompany the many programs that Activboard can use from other companies (Microsoft, etc.) It seems that there are other lessons already available, but the difference is that there are other programs from other companies unlike SmartBoard which seems to only have the NotePad or SmartBoard programs.
ReplyDeleteI think that with other companies collaborating with Promethean, there is much more imagination and promise that will go into making it more user friendly and dynamic!
I had never really researched other types of boards but I did after reading this blog! I always thought SMART boards were so amazing but Promethean Boards seem even more advanced and exciting to use! I especially like that they can use more than one pen because more students can be involved. I think sometimes when one student is getting to use the SMART board, other students might get bored and then stop paying attention, but this is a great way to combat that issue.
ReplyDelete