Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Week Six - Reflection One

I learned that a lot of teachers believe that technology is beneficial to student learning, but they have trouble using it in the proper way.
 " Coiro identifies three main barriers to integrating digital media more fully into schools:
  1. a lack of quality professional development for teachers;
  2. a lack of time to explore, apply, and reflect with colleagues on the challenges and potentials of integrating any type of technology into the classroom culture; and
  3. limited administrative support about how to use technology effectively to empower learners."
 I also learned that there are negatives to technology such as cyber bullying etc... However, there are far more positives then there are negatives when it comes to using technology in the classroom in the correct way.
I liked the 7 simple ways to involve technology in a classroom which were:
  • Have your students blog
  • Create a social network
  • Podcast
  • Use wikis for big projects
  • Try social bookmarking
  • Post videos
  • Explore with Google Maps 
I would use these ideas in a science lesson by having students blog about an interesting piece of matter that they see outside of class and do some research on it and post a picture or video of their discovery for the rest of the class to see then they will present it in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment