LeapFrog
I decided to look at LeapFrog because I have seen commercials and interesting advertisements on tv about it and I wanted to know a little more. So on the cite it says, "LeapFrog is a leading designer, developer and marketer of innovative, technology-based educational products and related proprietary content. LeapFrog is 100% focused on developing products that will provide the most engaging, effective learning experience - for all ages, in school or home, around the world. We put learning first - a philosophy that distinguishes us from our competitors and fuels the entire company." The company creates various apps and games for ages 2-9 years old. The games are also accessible through iphone/ipad apps such as, "Scout's ABC Garden", or "Mr. Pencil".
Under the App Center there is a lost of subjects that are categorized and separated so that subjects can be easy to find. So they are separated by category or skill. If I'm looking for reading and writing I'm going to be looking for the skills games. These include:
- Reading and Writing
- Mathamatics
- Science and Social Studies
- Creativity and Life Skills
I find it really interesting that you looked into this. I, too, have seen many commercials for LeapFrog, but I kind of dismissed it because I'm not a huge fan of exposing kids to technology when they're really young.
ReplyDeleteThen I realized that I used computer games when I was young to learn. Technology is nothing new for kids. Kids have always been on the cutting edge of everything. LeapFrog is probably just the latest incarnation of technology for kids.