This video shows the XRKADE interactive video game station. It is comprised of various interactive games that include technology to get students interested in physical education. This is just another example to show that kids love to be active if they are having fun. Why not use video games to make sure kids are being active? Yes, this might seem quite easy for students that are athletic, but as you can see in the video the teacher said this is more focused on the students who have a hard time being active. The students think it is a better, and they seem to enjoy the various games that are offered like:
- A Kick Boxing Station
- A Nascar/Motor Cross Station
There are also dance pads, and balance video games. Recently kids have started playing the xbox Kinect and the Wii which are both interactive video games. I think this is a great idea that will get kids involved in being active. I do not think it is the best option because I think that there is a time and place to use technology, but I think it is good to try and get kids active, and if it takes an interactive video game to do it then that is great!
Jeff,
ReplyDeleteI think that this is a great source to help gain insight on how to integrate technology into a physical education class.
The only thing I have to say is that Dance Revolution is a WORKOUT:) I cant keep up with the ten-year-old I nanny.
Erin